Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am thinking

Yes, when you are on travels you start thinking more about who you are, why you are traveling and sometimes the journey becomes a journey to your inside rather than the outside.

I have to see that I fulfill my research assignments. Daily phone calls, downloading my work on USB and spending my time offline also gives me a better purpose in life, Inbetween I have enough opportunity to meet interesting and not so interesting people.

So why am I on Couchsurfing then? The reasons are very simple: When you scroll down and read about my hosts David and Woranuch( I'll write an article about her on the next page), my guests Vitalii, Anthony or Molote, you will understand that CS gave me the opportunity to meet people that I wouldn't meet otherwise.

When I come to a less familiar place, it helps a lot to meet wonderful people like Ang Huah and Kim Gan who help you to understand the culture better. Cultures already differ within Europe or even within one and the same country. Here I'm exposed to city and rural life in Malaysia and crossing the border to Thailand everything will change into a totally new world.

Yes, Couchsurfing makes it a lot easier to meet and talk to people from the country you visit. Inspiring as I learn new aspects of life. There are also less interesting people that didn't particularly annoy me but I wouldn't have missed anything if I didn't meet them. Oh yes, they can be educational in the sense of not to be but I can meet them anywhere and there is no need of hosting them.

In the next articles I would like to find out the motivation of the people I met online and offline on couchsurfing. Can I still be the ambassador of some people I don't have the slightest things in common with? Let's discuss this in a new article

No comments:

Post a Comment