Monday, July 13, 2009

Garry Graham


I spent the next months attending many CS meetings and found a couple of new friends. On Australia Day I had some work-free days and decided to embark on just a short trip to Port MacQuairie. It was just by chance that I found GArry Graham through another friend who came to my NYE potluck in Sydney. He answered immediately and very positively to my request.

Garry already waited for me as I arrived late night in Port MacQuairie. He looked exactly like his picture, welcoming and hospitable. As I arrived at his house I was a bit disappointed because I couldn't have the guest room due to "friends" staying. For sure my first intention was to experience the area, looking for some opportunities to live there and spend time with Garry. But I can't deny the fact that I do have the need for my own room without the need to live out of the suitcase. On Couchsurfing I could get to know a person I wasn't really aware of....myself.......After a few sleepless nights I was not the nice person I used to be....

I enjoyed staying with Garry and we became really good friends. He had a neat organised household, loved tea and cooked lovely gourmet food. He showed me around the area, took long stretches into the Hinterland with me but the amount of freshwater didn't allow us to surf. He didn't seem to be happy with his friends Lynn and Phil whom I found ignorant and rude. Our dissatisfaction in Lynn and Phil's company created some bonding between us and we spent more quality time together. We discovered another interest that we share next to beaches and surfing - Martial Arts. We trained Hapkido together on our last night. Garry was quite a multitalented person and I regret that my stay was so much troubled by Lynn and Phil. He introduced me to his friends and I was invited to their birthday drinks. Lynn and Phil wore me out though and I had sleepless nights. My headaches became so bad that I needed to cancel my next host in Byron Bay.

Garry, you are a good friend and I look forward to hosting you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment